Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lately

When I first started this blog, for some reason I though I would have a lot to talk about.  This has proven to be untrue.  My daily life is pretty routine and scheduled because that is how Hudson likes it.  Nothing out of the ordinary or exciting really ever happens.  Therefore, the rest of the blog is likely to be pretty boring.  Full disclosure.

  • Actually, something rather exciting did happen yesterday.  My brother and sister-in-law found out that they are having a boy!  I'm very excited about having another baby in the family.  The due date is, strangely, the same due date as Hudson's was which is April 28.  I see many joint birthday parties in the future.
  • Hudson went up a diaper size.  This always makes me unnaturally sad for usually an entire day.  It means he is growing up and getting bigger.  I don't necessarily want this to happen.  I mean look at the changes in him in just the last 6 months.  It's all happening too fast!

  • Speaking of Hudson growing up, he is finally starting to enjoy storytime at the library.  It has never really captured his interest before, but yesterday he was totally into it.  In addition to reading a couple of books, they sing some songs and he loved them!  Every time a song was finished he would say "Gain!  Gain!", which translates into "Again! Again!".  Not letting this knowledge go to waste, I now burst into song whenever he is about to throw a fit and it's worked pretty well so far!
  • I bought a parenting book a week or two ago.  I bought it because I'm a parent.  But being a parent so often means I don't have time to read it.  What a cruel cycle.  When Hudson is acting out or throwing a tantrum I think "I wonder what my parenting book would say to do in this situation.  I should really try to read it".  I am about half way through it now but to get there it has required me to stay up way later than I want to.  Just something I have to get used to I guess.
See, nothing too exciting (except for the first one).  But, thus is my life.  I expect most of my blogs will contain similar useless information to your life.  I'm warning you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment