Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas

It all started on the 18th with my big family Christmas.  There were about 30 people at my parents' house.  We only buy presents for the kids and I had made a list on Target.com to help people with ideas on what to get for Hudson.  I realized there were only two things on his list that weren't online only when he got three of each of those two things.  Ooops!  Oh well, we had lots of fun and it was great to see Hudson more into it this year, even though he still didn't fully understand what was going on.

Christmas Eve we went up to Shawn's parents' house.  They bought him a few Thomas the Train toys and on top of that they had gotten some new toys to keep at their house for when he comes over.  He also got to see both of his Great-Grandmas from that side which was really special.  He had such a great time and when we left he was definitely over stimulated, but happy nonetheless.  When we got home he got to open his Christmas Eve present from Shawn and I which was a new pair of converse to match his cute Christmas outfit for the next day.

Christmas day started out with just the three of us exchanging gifts.  Hudson got an overflowing stocking, crayons and coloring books, lots of regular books, a couple of Elmo movies, a Puma outfit, and a Thomas the Train book that has buttons and songs on it.  From there we went to Vacaville to see my mom's cousins.  We have a themed gift exchange every year.  We've been doing this as long as I can remember.  The theme this year was green (environmentally friendly) items.  Right up my alley!!  Shawn wound up with a bunch of CFL light bulbs and I got a reusable water bottle.  From there we drove to Folsom to my parents' house where we did our small family Christmas with just my parents, brothers, and sister-in-law.  Hudson got ultra super spoiled and wound up with another overflowing stocking, a tiny recliner, and a fun contraption that has a slide, just to name a few.  He was only seven months old last Christmas so this one was so much more fun!  He loved ripping off the wrapping paper and pulling the tissue paper out of the bags.  He seriously has more stuff now than we all know what to do with and it's still just all over the house because the task of finding places for it all overwhelms me.  I could have a lot worse problems though. He is a very fortunate little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment