Thursday, November 11, 2010

Daylight Savings Time

Ok, so "fall back" used to be my favorite day of the year.  As an expert in sleeping, getting an extra hour of it is an amazing gift.  However, this year I realized that since I haven't taught Hudson how to tell time, I will not be receiving this gift.  As a stay at home mom I am on Hudson's schedule, no matter what it is.  He had previously been waking up in the 8 o'clock hour and, while that's still a little early for my liking, I was ok with it.  Now he wakes up in the 7 o'clock hour and it's throwing everything off.  I no longer understand why people get all excited over the extra hour of sleep because everyone with kids doesn't get it.  And a freakin' lot of people have kids.  I like the extra sunlight in the summer too, so why can't it just always be daylight savings time?  Why do we have to toggle back and forth screwing with the equilibrium of people's schedules?  I mean, I was still trying to get over the guilt and shame of contributing to the childhood obesity epidemic by shoving pounds of candy into the hands of a hundred children on Halloween and then this comes and messes things up for me even more.  Needless to say, I am no longer a fan of the "fall back" idea.  But I guess all I can do is try to teach Hudson to tell time by this time next year so maybe I won't feel so jipped and write a bitter blog for who knows how many people to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment